In the last blog were examples of goals from a coaching relationship and possible obstacles to maximizing the results. Now consider these ideas for moving past the obstacles and then create your plan.
Options for Moving Forward: How will you move past your obstacles?
- Before engaging a coach, ask for a free introductory session to get to know them and their style
- Ask the coach about their agreement
- Ask the coach about their Code of Ethics
- Ask the coach about their process
- Explore how you want your coach to partner with you for accountability
- Discuss how you will measure progress and success
- Share how you want to celebrate
- Choose a coach that is the best fit for you personally
What are your action steps to maximize a coaching relationship?
Possible additional actions for your plan include:
- Define your goals for the relationship
- Define your interests for having a coaching relationship
- Interview at least three prospective coaches
- Compare their ethics, agreements, processes, and styles
- Commit to a timeline for engaging a coach
Whether you are a coach seeking a coach, your company is providing a coach, or you are investing in coaching for your own objectives, being intentional with your approach supports maximizing your results.