In the last blog an important part of your coaching business – it’s CORE – was explored. Today consider this blueprint on how to create, build, and strengthen your CORE.
Here is an easy checklist on how to do just that:
- Identify your Ideal Market
- Define your ideal coachee based on what their areas of interest or focus are and their demographic information.
- List places your ideal coachee spends time online and in their community.
- List the professional networking groups where your ideal coachee is involved.
- Identify your CORE
- Next to each type of focus, demographic, place for spending time, and professional networking group identified above, write the name of someone in your network. For example a friend who’s tennis partner is your ideal client or a network colleague who is a realtor for your target market.
- Expand your list with new contacts through online and face-to-face networking.
- Grow your CORE
- Find opportunities to network online and face-to-face and focus on being helpful to them first.
- Ask for referrals. Remember that as a coach you and other professionals can easily refer to each other; collaborating within your CORE is a winning proposition for everyone.
- Sustain your CORE
- Nurture your CORE network over time through periodic communication via email, phone, or text plus maintaining personal contact.
- Support people in your CORE with referrals or through sharing articles of interest.
It is safe to say that it is a good idea to get to your CORE.