Center for Coaching Certification Opportunities
Independent Contractor Opportunities
The Center for Coaching Certification is seeking graduates who are interested in independent contractor work for the following three areas (please contact us to express interest and learn more):
Coach Support Team
The coach support team responds to calls, emails, and forms submitted by people interested in coach training. The team members coordinate with each other to plan the days they will cover. The coach support team meets monthly to talk about what is happening and continue enhancing efforts.
- Coordinate your time on call with the team.
- Respond to inquiries via email and telephone.
- Log emails and calls in our CRM system.
- Follow-up with interested people regarding upcoming classes via email or telephone.
- Participate in monthly meetings.
- Graduate of a Center for Coaching Certification class.
- Technology: reliable internet connection, reliable telephone service with unlimited minutes including long distance, an up-to-date computer.
Requested Commitment: Because of the time involved in training and on-boarding new team members, you are asked to commit to one year or longer of contract work.
The Center for Coaching Certification mission is to "Enhance your coach training experience with quality, professionalism, and support." The trainers meet monthly to talk about classes and brainstorm ideas.
- Prepare for classes, email students, and train using Center for Coaching Certification methodologies in an engaging and interactive way.
- Read and provide feedback on homework assignments.
- Respond to inquiries for your classes as appropriate.
- Participate in monthly meetings which include continuing education.
- Graduate of both the Certified Professional Coach and Certified Master Coach classes at the Center for Coaching Certification.
- Credentialed with the ICF at the ACC level or higher.
- Observe Cathy Liska teaching one of the full programs including debriefing each segment of the program as you go.
- Teach one of the full programs with Cathy observing you including debriefing each segment of the program as you go.
- Choose and commit to class schedules for training.
- Technology: reliable internet connection, reliable telephone service with unlimited minutes including long distance, an up-to-date computer, a Zoom account for classes.
Requested Commitment: Because of the time involved in training and on-boarding new trainers, you are asked to commit to one year or longer of contract work. The specific schedule you commit to is created by you and submitted for approval.
Business Development - Connection Executive
The mission of the Business Development team is: Create and support growth opportunities through coaching solutions. The vision is to be "The resource for coaching results." The team values are Integrity, Respect, Collaboration, and Excellence.
- Research and solicit opportunities for coaching projects and coaching program support
- Submit proposals and follow-up
- Manage contracts won to include matching coaches and ensuring program support meets customer objectives
- Log contacts, proposals, emails, and calls
- Experience in outside sales with an understanding of and commitment to working on commission
- Technology: reliable internet connection, reliable telephone service with unlimited minutes including long distance, an up-to-date computer
- Engage fully in two individual 30-minute meetings each month with the Team Lead for setting goals and reviewing progress
- Participate fully in one Team meeting a month for one hour
Requested Commitment: Because of the time involved in training and on-boarding new Business Development professionals, you are asked to commit to one year or longer.
Opportunities to Become a CCC Continuing Education Trainer:
The Center for Coaching Certification is expanding continuing education offerings and is open to suggestions, ideas, and new trainers for professional development and leadership programs. Free webinars are offered monthly. If you have experience in both training and an area in which Coaches and their clients are served through continuing education, and you are interested in opportunities, please contact us.
The Center for Coaching Certification collaborates with businesses and organizations that provide services our Coaches and their clients might be interested in accessing. If you want to be included in our database of service providers, please call or email. We ask for the business name, contact name, website, contact phone, contact email, a 50 word description of services, and three references.
If your employees, network, or clients can benefit from our services, we are happy to provide information and references.
CCC supports nonprofits through donations and scholarships. To learn more, contact us now.
Each year, coaches certified through the Center for Coaching Certification collaborate and write a book which is available through Amazon.
Coaching Perspective series published annually by the Center for Coaching Certification.