Training with the Center for Coaching Certification
The gold standard for being a coach is membership in the International Coaching Federation (ICF). The ICF requires 60 hours of training to become a member. In addition to membership, the ICF offers three levels of credentialing - think about it this way: becoming a member of the ICF is much like getting an associates degree, and then earning a credential is much like getting a degree or masters level degree.
For an abbreviated training to support creating a coaching culture the Center for Coaching Certification offers Coaching Skills for Professionals. Click here for the Coaching Skills for Professionals Program Overview.
Center for Coaching Certification offers ICF-accredited coach training and certification to become a coach. This chart shows the information commonly asked for: How much is coach certification? and What certifications does a coach need?
Direct links for the program overviews, schedules, and applications:
- Foundational Cohort, an ICF-accredited Level 1 / ACSTH program, (to support earning the ACC credential): Overview, Schedule, and Application
- Growth Cohort, an ICF-accredited from Level 1 to 2 / ACSTH & ACTP program, (to support moving from the ACC credential to the PCC): Overview, Schedule, and Application
- Advanced Cohort, an ICF-accredited Level 2 / ACTP program, (to support earning the PCC credential): Overview, Schedule, and Application
- Certified Professional Coach, an ICF-accredited ACSTH program: Overview, Schedule, and Application
- Certified Master Coach, an ICF-accredited ACSTH program: Overview, Schedule, and Application
- Mentor Coaching: Overview, Schedule, and Application
- If interested in specializing in ADHD: Overview
The Center for Coaching Certification training model is built on the ICF’s Core Competencies while also being informed by multiple other models:
- Competence: CCC programs build on your existing strengths with ICF's Core Competencies to upgrade your skills, expand awareness of the synergy between being and doing, create positive belief in the client’s ability, and develop powerful coaching language.
- Confidence: CCC programs build the confidence of the coach in their abilities, provide tools for empowering client confidence, enhance confidence in the coaching process, and incorporate awareness of positivity to support confidence for the long term.
- Choice: CCC programs focus on the client being their own best expert thus empowering them to discover, decide, and strategize with the coach as their partner.
The Center for Coaching Certification offers ICF-accredited Level 1 and Level 2 / ACTP Cohorts and separate ACSTH programs: Certified Professional Coach, Certified Master Coach, Certified Advanced Coach in Academic Specialist, Addiction Specialist, Business Specialist, Career Specialist, Executive Specialist, Holistic Specialist, Leadership Specialist, Life Specialist, or Wellness Specialist, a Coaching Practicum class, plus Mentor Coaching to help you earn your ACC or PCC credential with the ICF, complete required continuing education, and continue on for the MCC credential.
The Certified Professional Coach program is 30 hours for $1995 and offered either completely online or with a combination of online and face-to-face.
The Certified Master Coach program is 35 hours for $2195 and offered completely online.
The Certified Business, Career, Executive, Life, or Wellness Coach Specialist programs are 35 hours for $2195.
The Coaching Experience class is 30 hours for $1995.
The Mentor Coaching is 10 hours and is $2195 for CCC graduates and $2795 for non-CCC graduates which includes five group sessions and three individual sessions and all program materials. Private/individual mentor coaching is available for $3600.
The Foundational Cohort (Level 1 / ACSTH) includes the Certified Professional Coach, Certified Master Coach, and Mentor Coaching for $5890.00
The Growth Cohort (from Level 1 to Level 2 / ACSTH & ACTP), must have completed 60 hours of training, includes the Certified Business, Career, Executive, Life, or Wellness Coach Specialist, the Coaching Experience class, and Mentor Coaching for $5890.00
The Advanced Cohort (Level 2 / ACTP) includes the Certified Professional Coach, Certified Master Coach, the Certified Business, Career, Executive, Life, or Wellness Coach Specialist, the Coaching Experience class, and Mentor Coaching for $9780.00.
All programs are designed specifically to develop the ICF's Core Competencies for coaches as defined by the ICF and build on your expertise.
Qualifying for membership in the International Coaching Federation or earning a credential involves the steps noted below:
How to Become a Coach
-about the process for training, ICF membership, and ICF Credentialing