How to Whitelist our Email
White-list an Email Address in Gmail, AOL, Yahoo, Hotmail, Outlook, and Other Internet Service Providers
Below is information on how to white-list email messages from Center for Coaching Certification with Gmail, AOL, Yahoo, Hotmail, Outlook, Mozilla Thunderbird, BlackBerry, Comcast, Earthlink, SBC Global, Verizon, and Apple Mail for OS X. If your email program or internet service provider (ISP) is not listed, these instructions will help you figure out how to white-list our email address with any email program.
Important: If you find email from info@CoachCert.com (for example) in your spam or junk folder, please take the time to un-spam the email message in your mail program by clicking on the email and then on the “not spam”, “not junk” or similar button, as that will train your program to white-list it.
- First, if you find email from us in your Gmail spam folder, select our email and click the “Not Spam” button
- Next, open an email that you have received from us
- Click on the little down-pointing-triangle-arrow next to “Reply”
- Click “Add Center For Certified Coaching to Contacts list”
- Next, Mouse over the Settings menu icon and select Settings.
- Click Filters and then Add.
- Enter a Filter Name.
- Enter the domain CoachCert.com to whitelist in the Sender field.
- Select Inbox as the folder to deliver the email to.
- Click Save and then click Save again.
In order to white-list an email address in AOL, you must first add it to your AOL address book.
- Search for email from us in the Spam folder. If you find an email in the Spam folder, then open it and click the "Not Spam" or "This is Not Spam" button.
- Click the Contacts link (or open your AOL Address Book)
- Click the New button.
- In the New Contact window, enter info@CoachCert.com (for example) into the Primary E-Mail field
- Click another email, and enter info@CoachCert.com (for example) into the E-Mail 2 address
- Click “Create”
AOL for New Subscribers:
- Add the From address to your AOL address book:
- Click the Mail menu and select Address Book.
- Wait for the Address Book window to pop up, then click the Add button.
- Wait for the Address Card for New Contact window to load.
- Once loaded, cut and paste the “From” email address into the Other E-Mail field.
- Make our “From” address the Primary E-Mail address by checking the associated check box.
- Click the Save button.
AOL for Existing Subscribers
If you are already a subscriber but the email isn't getting through, the email may be in your AOL Spam Folder. Please use your web mail to check your Spam Folder. If the email is in your AOL Spam Folder, open the email and click the "This Is Not Spam" button. Lastly, please add the From address into your Address Book as outlined in the New Subscribers info above.
To white-list an email with Yahoo, you will set up a “filter” after first taking the following steps:
- If you find an email from info@CoachCert.com (for example) in your Yahoo Bulk or Spam folder, open it and click “Not Spam”
- Be sure that the address info@CoachCert.com (for example) are not in your “Blocked Addresses” list.
- If info@CoachCert.com (for example) is in your “Blocked Addresses” list, select it and click “Remove Block”
Now to create the filter in Yahoo:
- Open your mail and click on “Mail Options” in the upper right hand corner
- Select ‘Filters’ (in the bottom left corner)
- On the Filters page, click “Add”
- Select the “From header” rule, and add “contains” and CoachCert.com or (for example), which tells the system to put email with CoachCert.com (for example) in your inbox and not the bulk folder.
- Click the “Choose Folder” pull down menu and select "Inbox"
- Pick the Add Filter button
- Click to Save
To safe list an email address with Hotmail:
- First, if you find email from us in your Hotmail junk folder, open the email and click “Not Junk”
- Next, check to see if the email address info@CoachCert.com (for example) is on your Blocked Senders list. If you find info@CoachCert.com (for example) on your Hotmail blocked senders list, select it and click on the “Remove” button.
- Next, open your mailbox and click “Options” in the upper right hand corner
- At the top of the page, click on the “Junk E-mail Protection” link
- Next, click on “Safe List” which is down near the bottom
- Copy and paste info@CoachCert.com (for example) where it says “Type an address or domain”
- Click the “Add” button
- To white-list info@CoachCert.com (for example) in Outlook:
- On the Tools menu, click Options
- On the Preferences tab, click Junk E-mail
- On the Safe Senders tab, click Add
- Add info@CoachCert.com (for example) where it says “Add address”.
- Then add info@CoachCert.com (for example)
- Click OK
- Add info@CoachCert.com (for example) to your address book, and then set up your Thunderbird Junk Mail Controls to white-list your address book.
- Check your Junk folder. If you find email from info@CoachCert.com (for example), right-click on the email and choose “Mark as Not Junk”
- Next, click the Address Book button
- Highlight the Personal Address Book
- Click on “New Card”
- In the “Contact” tab of the new card, copy and paste info@CoachCert.com (for example) to the email dialog box
- Click “Ok”
- Next, to white-list your address book, select “Tools > Junk Mail Controls” from the drop down menu
- -Update the “White Lists” module under the “Settings” tab by selecting “Personal Address Book” from the drop down menu, and then check the box next to “Do not mark messages as junk mail”
10. Click “Ok”
- Scroll up to the message header.
- Get to the field where their name is listed, click the Berry button and then click Show Address.
- Select and copy the email address to the clipboard.
- Go into Address Book and find the user.
- Select Save.
- Click to edit it, and then click the Berry button to add another email address.
- Paste it in and click Save.
- Sign into Webmail.
- On the left navigation menu, click Address Book.
- Click Add Contact.
- Under the General tab, in the box under the Email Address, enter info@CoachCert.com (for example).
- Click the Add button.
- If you have enabled Restrict Incoming Email, do the following:
- Sign into Webmail.
- Select Preferences.
- Select Restrict Incoming Email. If Enable Email Controls is set to Yes, then you are restricting incoming emails.
10. Select Allow email from addresses listed below.
11. Enter info@CoachCert.com (for example).
12. Click the Add button.
- Click the Address Book button to open your address book in the browser.
- Click the Add Contact button (if you use EarthLink 5.0 or higher, click the Add button).
- Type in info@CoachCert.com (for example) into the email address slot and then click OK.
- Go to the SBC Global Mail page and click the Options link.
- In the Management section, click the Filters link.
- Click the Add button.
- In the “From header” rule, in the field to the right of “contains”, enter info@CoachCert.com (for example).
- From the Move the message to pull-down list, choose inbox.
- Click the Add Filter button to save the filter.
- Go to your account and click on the Address Book link in the left column.
- Select Create Contact.
- The “Add Address Book Entry” screen appears. In the Email field, type info@CoachCert.com (for example).
- In the Nickname field, type Center for Coaching Certification.
- Select Save.
Apple Mail for OS X:
- First, if email from info@CoachCert.com (for example) ends up in your junk folder, highlight or open it and click “Not Junk” at the top of your screen.
- Go to Mail > Preferences from your Mail menu
- Go to the Rules tab
- Select Add Rule
- Give this rule a name such as “Center For Coaching Certification”
- Create a rule that says “If any of the following conditions are met: ‘From’ ‘Contains’” and then paste in “CoachCert.com” (for example).
- From the actions, select "Move message" to mailbox "Inbox".
- Click “OK”
White-list and Email in Other Web Mail Providers:
If you use a Web mail system or email application not listed above, the instructions for white-listing an address will depend on the specific email program you are using. If you access the help files, instruction manual, or customer support, there should be instructions on how to do this. In some cases, adding the “From” address to your address book, safe list, white list or contact list will be sufficient.
If the email is not getting to your inbox, then we suggest checking your spam folder, bulk folder or junk folder. If you find the email, then find a way to inform your mail application that it is not spam. Most likely the course of action is to select the email and click on the Not Spam or Not Junk button, if available.
For more information about your mail application, please visit the help section that is associated with your mail application.