With ICF changing how coach training is accredited, the journey to becoming a coach is looking different in the future. Starting in 2022, organizations can only offer ICF-accredited programs that support earning the ACC (Level 1), PCC (Level 2), or MCC (Level 3) credential or that are continuing education (CCE) for renewing a credential.
Because of the popularity of the Certified Professional Coach program as a stand-alone option, the Center for Coaching Certification will continue offering it. With ICF’s new accreditation policies, participants will choose whether to have a continuing coach education certificate or a certificate for partial hours of a Level 1 or 2 program. For those who later want to continue and complete the Level 1 or Level 2 certifications, that option will be available.
At the Center for Coaching Certification, you will have the option of using your existing approved or accredited training toward the Level 1 or Level 2 program hours.
- What if I only want to take the CPC?
- The CPC will be available as a stand-alone option with either a CCE certification or a partial-hours certificate. It will continue to offer the CEUs accredited by IACET.
- What if I completed the CPC and want to continue?
- Graduates of the CPC can enroll in future Level 1 or 2 programs and will be given a discount on the registration based on completed training hours.
- What if I took the CPC and CMC and now want to earn a credential?
- Graduates of the CPC and CMC will be able to sign up for mentor coaching at the Center for Coaching Certification and roll the combination of the training and mentor coaching into a Level 1 certification.
- What if I completed accredited coach training at a different school?
- The Center for Coaching Certification does have a policy for transferring credit athttps://www.coachcert.com/resources/about/mission-vision-ethics-core-values.html
- What if I completed or am enrolled in one of the credentialing cohorts (Foundational, Growth, Advanced)?
- Each of the credentialing cohorts is aligned with current and future ICF credentialing paths so you are all set!
For those who already started the journey to becoming a coach, you will be able to continue. For those planning to start the journey, the Center for Coaching Certification will continue offering multiple options in terms of the planning based on time and budget.