When people ask this question, my reaction is often that if you care enough to ask the question you care enough to learn how to be a great coach.
What are the values and skills of a great coach? Often they include:
- A desire to make a difference
- A willingness to be open
- Commitment to learning
- Confidence in the ability of the client to achieve
Additionally, coach training is designed to develop the of a coach:
- Meeting Ethical Guidelines and Professional
- Establishing the Coaching Agreement
- Establishing Trust and Intimacy with the Client
- Coaching Presence
- Active Listening
- Powerful Questioning
- Direct Communication
- Creating Awareness
- Designing Actions
- Planning and Goal Setting
- Managing Progress and Accountability
How can I tell which coach training is my best bet? The single most important consideration when choosing a coach training program is that it is approved by the International Coach Federation (ICF). The second most important consideration is whether the school is a member of the Association of Coach Training Organizations (ACTO). Then look at additional accreditations offered. Check out the reviews and testimonials. Talk to the team at the school and talk with the trainer.
Connecting with the CCC team is also an opportunity to explore one-on-one your experience and skills and how they fit with becoming a coach.