What is the potential? In addition to group or team coaching serving clients well, it is a smart business move because it adds to the options and grows your client base as a coach.
The pros of hearing multiple ideas, sharing common challenges and focus, plus being cost effective are great for clients.
For a coach it is a business builder – some clients will start with a group and then add individual sessions, plus it is another package – group and individual – that can be offered.
Group coaching is an amazing opportunity based on the niche of the coach. For example:
- A career coach is smart to offer a package of individual and group sessions with the groups focused on common areas of interest or effort such as job search strategies, networking, confidence, or interviewing.
- A life coach may offer groups focused on managing ADD, relationships, or transitioning into retirement.
- An executive coach may offer a master mind group for executives from different organizations or for leadership development.
- A business coach may offer groups to small business owners wherein they focus on challenges, growth strategies, or succession planning.
- A wellness coach may offer group sessions focused on nutrition, exercise, or wellness.
Get creative! What focus is common amongst your clients? Build a group around what they want to explore.