The International Coaching Federation provides an amazing, albeit often unknown, resource for members, the Communities of Practice.
Currently the Communities of Practice include:
- Career Coaching – focuses on assisting clients with career/job direction, work/life balance, job search strategies, career changes, and transitioning to retirement.
- Coaching and Human Capital – focuses on integrating coaching into organizations, performance management, training development, and succession planning.
- Coaching Science – focuses on evidence-based practice, neuroscience, behavioral science, and current research in the coaching world.
- Coaching Supervision – focuses on the development of the coach’s capacity through offering a richer and broader opportunity for support and development. Coaching Supervision creates a safe environment for the coach to share their successes and failures in becoming masterful in the way they work with their clients.
- Ethics – focuses on how ethics impact the coaching profession by exploring ethical dilemmas and discussing best ethical practices.
- Executive and Leadership Coaching – focuses on methods for coaching C-suite executives, high-level decision-makers and organizational leaders.
- Health and Wellness Coaching – focuses on health, wellness, and medical coaching. This community caters to coaches who work to educate and support clients to cultivate positive lifestyle changes, address medical and health challenges, promote overall well-being, and engages coaches who work with caregivers and healthcare professionals.
- Internal Coaching – focuses on the skills, challenges and best practices for coaches working in organizations and internal coaching programs.
- Life Vision and Enhancement Coaching – focuses on coaching clients to identify and achieve their personal and professional life goals.
- Team and Group Coaching – focuses on the unique challenges and opportunities of coaching teams, groups, systems, and organizations of people.
A tip: if you are a member of ICF, you may join all the Communities of Practice and receive emails for the upcoming webinars. This is a great opportunity for continuing education!