The gold standard for being a coach is membership in the International Coach Federation (ICF). The ICF requires 60 hours of training to become a member. In addition to membership, the ICF offers credentialing – think about it this way: becoming a member of the ICF is much like getting a degree, and then earning a credential is much like getting a masters or doctorate level degree.
At the Center for Coaching Certification, the first training program is the ICF-approved Certified Professional Coach– a 30-hour program that serves to initiate people into the coaching competencies and develop coaching skills, plus provide a process.
The second level is the ICF-approved Certified Master Coach program totaling 35 hours (the Certified Professional Coach program is a prerequisite). This program completes the 60 hours required for membership in the ICF, and the hours required for the first level of credentialing, the ACC. The Certified Master Coach program adds group coaching plus is a deeper dive into the coaching competencies, taking your coaching expertise to a more advanced level.
Back to the first step: The Certified Professional Coach program begins with five live, interactive online webinars covering tools and techniques for developing and enhancing coaching competencies. These are followed by research and practice homework assigned during each webinar. Next is a group session for Q&A time plus reviewing the resources provided to graduates. The coaching practicum follows, either online on in one of many different cities, and you will experience coaching hands-on. After the coaching practicum you will complete a case study. Completion of these steps means you receive your certificate. After certification, recordings on business and marketing plus a monthly Q&A call are included and available to all graduates as part of the program.
At $1,695.00, our program is one of the most affordable ICF (International Coach Federation) approved programs in the country. The classes are packed with information, stimulating, and fun. Additional benefits of the Center for Coaching Certification include:
- The Center for Coaching Certification is the only ICF-approved program that is also accredited by IACET to offer CEUs (Continuing Education Units) that are accepted by SHRM, HRCI, ATD, and more.
- The Center for Coaching Certification is the only ICF-approved program that is also accredited by Project Management International and the Association of Image Consultants International.
- A robust suite of coaching tools and resources, available to graduates on the Coach Login page.
- The opportunity to become a published author by contributing a chapter to our annual book, Coaching Perspectives.
- A personalized dashboard to give multiple assessments at wholesale including the DISC, EIQ, 360, and more along with extensive resources including facilitation and debriefing guides.