Summary – The chapters of the book include:
- What is career coaching and how can it help?
Part I: Theories of Career
- 21st-century notions of ‘career’
- How people make career decisions
- Job satisfaction: what makes us happy at work?
- Planned career changes
- Unplanned career changes
Part II: Career coaching approaches
- Career decision-making difficulties: where do clients encounter problems?
- Humanistic coaching
- The GROW model: a framework for interventions
- Motivational interviewing
- Positive approaches
- Cognitive behavior coaching
- Transactional analysis
- Coaching tools
Part III: Coaching into the world of work
- The world of work
- Job search strategies
- CV coaching
- Interview coaching
The Good: It has some useful insights and considerations.
The Bad: It lacks awareness of coaching and coaching ethics.
Conclusion: There are too many other options available that provide greats insights and a better awareness of what coaching really involves.