This book addresses mid-career women and coaches them on how to build a winning career game plan. It is a tool for mid-career individuals that also applies generally in life. For coaches it provides ideas on how to work with clients.
Summary – The chapters of the book include:
- Be Authentic
- Express Confidence
- Build a Winning Career Game Plan
- Connect with Purpose
- Ask For It
- Lead with Influence
The Good: This information is excellent plus leads to how to apply the insights for yourself in your life. The questions to answer for your own reflection are a great way to explore. Each section provides:
- Rationale – an explanation on the reasons
- Stories – examples from interviews supporting the rationale
- Tools – ways to develop and implement
- Tips – the explanation behind applying the concepts
The Bad: Because there is limiting language and information explaining what it is NOT, there is a loss of a focus in terms of direction.
Conclusion: A great book with lots of encouraging examples plus fabulous tools, this is worth reading for the insights, the process or flow, and the how-to application.