When a child is diagnosed with ADHD, parents usually receive recommendations for accommodations and modifications for school, perhaps therapeutic interventions for the child, and sometimes medication. At the same time, parents benefit from having their own time and privacy to understand their child's challenges and examine their own interactions with their children. Parents rely on love, logic, and intuition; they are often unaware of the social and emotional impact that ADHD has on learning, motivation, behavior, and the whole family system.
An ADHD Parent Coach begins by helping parents understand their child through the lens of how ADHD and Executive Function development impacts every aspect of their child's communication, action, and emotional reaction. Together the ADHD Parent Coach and client(s) then explore challenges such as:
- parental enabling vs. supporting
- improving communication so that children both feel heard and can understand their parent's perspective
- establishing productive boundaries
- establishing consequences that build skills
- understanding what triggers challenging behavior and how to respond
Parent Coach Program Objectives:
- Learn the essential science and latest research on how ADHD and Executive Function Deficits impact every aspect of an individual’s life.
- Develop best practices and strategies to improve behavior and performance at home, in school, and in life as you help parents gain knowledge, strength, and confidence as parents.
- Learn how to help parents incorporate a growth mindset as they work with their children.
- Support parents with specific tools and strategies to manage the homework process and help students be more effective and successful in approaching their work.
The ADHD Parent Coach program is ICF-approved for 36 hours of CCE - Continuing Coach Education (24 hours Core Competency, 12 hours Resource Development) and 36 CEU hours from CCE-Global
The ADHD Parent Coach training consists of 24 hours of live, interactive class and discussion and 12-hours of asynchronous learning with your "buddy" coach from the class.
All classes are held via live, interactive Zoom meetings. Be in a quiet, private place because you will be on camera and using your microphone. It is possible to miss and make-up one of the classes by listening to the recording and then scheduling the live contact hours with your trainer.
Gain comfort and confidence in marketing and networking to expand your referral base and reach new clients!
- Participants will be trained to facilitate Cindy's widely recognized Calm and Connected: Parenting Children and Teens with ADHD/Executive Function Challenges© parent workshop series for groups in their community. [All relevant marketing and course materials will be provided upon course completion.]
- You will be prepared to provide 1-on-1 parent coaching support using the impactful Calm and Connected© philosophy and practices, and to expand your practice or build a new one.
- You will have personalized PowerPoints to present Top Ten Strategies for Parenting Children and Teens with ADHD / Executive Function Challenges©, and Skills for Success©, educational workshops for parent groups for use as a community service, and marketing tool.
36-Hour ADHD Parent Coach training (includes first year’s renewable annual license for the Calm and Collected© workshop of $950 and two Parent Presentation PowerPoints):
$3200 or 3 Payments of $1150
The Calm and Connected©, as well as the Top Ten Strategies© program and Skills for Success© program are the intellectual property and owned by PTS Coaching, LLC and its founder, Cindy Goldrich. Participant hereby agrees that there shall be no duplicating, replicating, or otherwise reproducing the materials for the use of anyone other than the course participant and no using of the content for training programs. Renewable license entitles participant to:
- Use of Calm and Connected: Parenting Children and Teens with ADHD/Executive Function Challenges© workshop course materials, logo, and marketing materials
- Use of Top Ten Strategies for Parenting Children and Teens with ADHD© presentation and Skills for Success©, an educational workshop for parent groups for use as a community service and marketing tool.
- Opportunity for referrals from PTS Coaching, LLC
For more information and schedule options visit https://ptscoaching.com/professional-development/adhd-parent-coach-academy/
- Cindy, I really appreciated the opportunity to attend this session. As I mentioned to you via a separate email conversation, I learned more about myself as a result of taking this course and was able to identify myself as an individual that also has ADHD. It was very liberating and am working on developing additional supports for myself that would help hold me accountable and become more successful both in my career and in my personal life. I thank you for opening the realm of opportunity for me.
- Salvador L. (ADHD Parent Coach Academy Graduate)
- What a great curriculum. Parents had positive feedback with their kids already!! I really like how it flowed. So glad I can offer support and education to parents. Thank you for putting this together.
- Roberta H. (ADHD Parent Coach Academy Graduate)
- I really enjoyed this training! I learned so much from you and have been reflecting on everything I have learned from the moment the course began. You are an excellent teacher and obviously a gifted parent coach. I have derived so many benefits from this training including a stronger ability to stay calm, listen to others, appreciate my strengths as a coach and a clinician, and gain a clearer understanding of the components required for effective parenting.
- Lauren A. (ADHD Parent Coach Academy Graduate)
- You’ve developed a really brilliant program here. I wish I had it when my son was first diagnosed ten years ago!
- Gwynn A. (Mother and ADHD Parent Coach Academy Graduate)
Cindy Goldrich, Ed.M., ADHD-CCSP, is a mental health professional and certified ADHD Coach. Founder of PTS Coaching, LLC, Cindy is a leading authority on parenting and teaching children with ADHD and Executive Function challenges.
Author of 8 Keys to Parenting Children with ADHD, a concise, easy-to-read crash course for parents of children with ADHD based on her Calm and Connected coaching model. Co-Author of ADHD, Executive Function & Behavioral Challenges in the Classroom, an invaluable resource for all classroom teachers full of real, practical, and powerful insights, tools, and activities.
Her highly acclaimed CALM and CONNECTED© parenting workshop series is available in English, Spanish, and Chinese. It provides a comprehensive, sequential approach to reducing the conflict and chaos often present in families. With compassion and targeted insights, parents learn to help their children build resilience, flexibility, grit, and perseverance to help their children reach their full potential.
Apply Now - ADHD Coach Certification
This program is designed to develop the ICF's Core Competencies of a coach plus provide a model, coaching processes, and tools for you to start coaching. There are five live, interactive, online classes and a group session:
- About Coaching: What a Coach Is Not, What a Coach Is, How to Excel as a Coach with the ICF's Core Competencies
- Ethics: What the specifics of the Code of Ethics means for you, scenarios and what to do, and ethical accountability
- Understanding Your Client: A tool for recognizing how your client is thinking and interacting combined with tips to adjust
- Communication: Techniques for fully engaging through listening, clear, direct language, and asking powerful questions
- Focus and Motivation: Tools for recognizing language patterns and thought patterns to create a shift for a positive forward focus
- Group Session: Q&A, model and process overview, and explore resources
After each of the first five online classes, you will have an assignment to either research and reflect or to practice specific people and communication techniques, then write a two-page report. Expect to invest at least 90 minutes in each of your reports.
For the Coaching Practicum you will Coach, Be Coached, and Observe Coaching during each of the following: Introductory Coaching Session, Opening Coaching Session, Second, Third, Fourth, and Fifth Coaching Sessions. After the opening session you will have a homework assignment in preparation for your second coaching session - expect 3 hours to complete it.
Because the coaching practicum involves you being matched with classmates to coach, be coached, and observe coaching full participation in all times scheduled is required.
Case Study: Fill in a table outlining the coaching process from the initial conversation through challenges.
- Explain the parameters of coaching
- List the ICF's Core Competencies
- Discuss the Code of Ethics
- Identify and coach different personal styles
- Use listening, assertive communication, and questioning techniques
- Recognize and adjust to V-A-K styles, Meta Models, and Meta Programs
- Coach for proactive goal setting and action planning
One-on-One Coaching Session: Schedule your one-on-one coaching session individually to plan getting started with your coaching hours. To support you engaging coaching clients and completing the required coaching hours, we also provide information and resources on business and marketing plus offer a free Q&A call each month.
Apply Now - Certified Professional Coach