As you begin establishing your coaching client base, consider what steps now ensure your sustainable growth in the coaching industry.
Connecting with new coaching clients occurs primarily through referrals and recommendations – word of mouth. In the last blog post was a tip to stay in touch with your network; this serves the creation of a sustainable source of referrals. Consider how you provide value to your network, and keep doing it!
* Continue speaking, writing, and publishing.
* Be available to your network – become the ‘go to’ person for expertise or help.
* Thank people for referrals and recommendations so they know you appreciate it.
Existing coaching clients tell others about their experience with you as a coach. As a coach, let your client know you do appreciate referrals. Consider what motivates a coaching client to recommend your services.
* Provide value – the quality of the coaching and the value of outcomes for your coaching client motivates them to make referrals.
* Ask for referrals – if you do not let people know you want the referrals, they might not even think about it!
* Thank your client for making a referral so they know their effort was worthwhile and appreciated.
How do you benefit from considering long-term sustainability during the growth phase of your coaching business?