Coaching Practicum Program Overview and Agenda
Program Agenda: Webinars, Assignments, and Coaching Practicum
The advanced coaching practice and training is open to coaches who are members of the ICF. The Coaching Practicum focuses on application of the 11 Core Competencies as a coach in group and individual coaching sessions.
This Coaching Practicum has been approved by the ICF for 30 hours as an ACSTH program and the Center for Coaching Certification is accredited by IACET to offer 3 CEUs.
Completing the Coaching Practicum includes live participation in three 90-minute webinars, plus full participation in individual and group coaching.
- Webinar 1: Review 11 Core Competencies and Evaluation Overview (90 minutes)
- Webinar 2: Group and Team Coaching (90 minutes) Plan to select a date for being the Group Coach. To prepare you will select a technology, select a process, submit the information to your trainer, and provide the information to the group.
- Group Coaching Sessions 1 - 6 (90 minutes each) Plan to be the coach for one of the groups and to be a participant for the other groups.
- Plan on being the coach for one of the assigned group coaching classes. Anticipate 90 minutes outside of class for choosing a technology and planning for your group. Outline the format of your group and submit to your trainer.
- Watch the schedule for group coaching session and be prepared.
- Actively participate in the group coaching sessions.
- Individual Coaching: 1-5 as Coach, Being Coached, Observing (60 minutes each) Plan to interview three classmates as prospective coach and to be interviewed by three classmates. When coaches are assigned plan to schedule five sessions as coach and five sessions as client. Plan to observe five sessions via recording.
- Create your coach bio for submission to the coaches in the group and email to your trainer.
- Review the bios of the coaches in the group and submit a list of everyone in your order of preference for coaches you want to interview.
- Interview 3 classmates (as assigned) as prospective coaches for 15 minutes each.
- Be interviewed by three classmates as a prospective coach for 15 minutes each.
- Submit a list of the 3 classmates interviewed in your order of preference for a coach.
- When you receive your assigned client, contact your client and using your trainer’s calendar schedule five 60-minute coaching sessions with your client and your trainer.
- Plan on scheduling the same series of five sessions as a client.
- Plan on observing the same series of five sessions via recording.
- Participate fully as coach and client, observe with focus, and submit the evaluations.
- Webinar 3: Coaching Debrief (90 minutes) Be prepared to share your learning from the coaching practicum and to ask questions.
Webinars, Groups, and Coaching are live with full participation required as scheduled.
Webinars are 90 minutes, Groups are 90 minutes, individual interviews are 15 minutes, and individual Coaching Sessions are 60 minutes.
The registration for the full program is $1895.