From ACC to PCC Program Overview
Designed for graduates of the CPC and CMC programs, or members of the ICF, this program will support those with 60 hours of coach training in completing the required training hours and the mentor coaching to apply for the PCC credential.
(Class Schedules - click here)
From ACC to PCC Path includes the Certified Coach Specialist, Coaching Experience class, and Mentor Coaching Programs.
Per the International Coaching Federation, ICF, becoming a PCC credentialed coach requires the following:
- 125 hours of coach training
- 500 hours of coaching experience of which 450 or more hours must be paid
- 10 hours of Mentor Coaching
- Submitting two recorded coaching sessions that pass PCC Assessors evaluation for competency
- Taking and passing the Coach Knowledge Assessment, CKA, exam
- Live participation is required in all ICF-approved programs.
This program is intended for those who have already completed 60 hours of training. Adding the following will complete your required training hours and mentor coaching.
Certified Coach Specialist
Choose your focus and Designation: Certified Business, Career, Executive, Life, or Wellness Coach Specialist
Designed to deepen your skills with the competencies of coaching for PCC credentialing, this program includes discussion and specific examples of how the competencies are used and the PCC markers are demonstrated in coaching. Six live, interactive online classes and a practicum debrief:
- Coach Competencies and Strengths: Review the ICF's Core Competencies of a Coach and discuss the Strength Areas (a self-evaluation based on your area of focus is provided) for a Coach Specialist; define the type of coaching and the specialist coach; clarify roles
- Engaging and Understanding Your Clients: Discuss approaches and examples for setting the foundation based on the competencies and the PCC Markers including establishing the agreement for the coaching session, establishing expectations, exploring the meaning for clients, determining the measurement of success, refining considerations, and creating quick wins. This will be different for each area of focus.
- The Coaching Relationship: Explore how to co-create the relationship based on the competencies and the PCC Markers including different processes and plans, giving and earning trust, supporting and empowering the client, being fully aware and responsive, and expanding thinking while fully supporting the client in discussion and with examples. This will be different for each area of focus.
- Client Priority Management: Analyze how your communication enhances your coaching based on the competencies and the PCC Markers, review examples for flexing to a client’s language and expressions, evaluate how to be responsive, formulate powerful questions, and integrate clear, direct language for coaching through class discussion and examples. This will be different for each area of focus.
- The Client's Future: Expand how you create awareness through exploration of examples for asking about insights, developing strategies and plans, defining client application, recognizing progress, and closing the engagement based on the competencies and the PCC Markers. This will be different for each area of focus.
- Challenges and Trends: Explore how to manage different challenges in coaching and plan how to stay current.
- Coaching Debrief: Discuss insights, techniques, and approaches during coaching
- Independent Learning and Reports: Prior to each webinar there is assigned reading from the Coaching Perspectives series. Following each webinar there are assignments designed for you to think and reflect, research and review, and enhance your learning.
Six group coaching sessions as scheduled for the class including one as coach and participating in the group.
Submit your coach bio, review the compiled bios of classmates, submit your order of preference for interviewing, and then interview three classmates. Be interviewed by three classmates as a prospective coach. Schedule five individual sessions each as coach and as client with your partner and trainer as follows: one 30-minute session for co-creating the relationship, five 40-minute coaching sessions, and one 30-minute closing session. Listen to five recordings of your classmates coaching for your observations. Submit evaluations of your coach, yourself, and the coaches you observe via recording.
Final Report: Write about your coaching work
One-on-One Coaching Session: Schedule your one-on-one coaching session individually to review your progress with your coaching experience and strategize your efforts.
- List the competencies and strengths important to successful coaching.
- Define and self-assess the knowledge areas important to successful coaching.
- Explore the demonstration of coaching competencies through the PCC Markers.
- Explain the linkage between self-determination and decision-making.
- Co-create a best plan of action to formally engage in a coaching relationship.
- Co-explore and navigate with the client through a variety of prioritization processes and solutions.
- Understand self-management techniques to create long-term awareness and accountability with the client.
- Develop client’s ability to identify long term concerns and create strategies to sustain skills learned throughout the coaching process.
- Strengthen coaching competencies for helping clients in identifying and establishing solutions for long-term adherence and self-management.
- Create a plan for staying current as a coach.
- Explore the ICF's Core Competencies, PCC Markers, and Specialist Strengths as they apply when coaching.
- Practice the ICF's Core Competencies and Strengths and demonstrate the PCC Markers in real time.
Coaching Experience class
The Coaching Experience class focuses on application of the ICF's Core Competencies as a coach in group and individual coaching sessions.
Designed to provide focused practice coaching, the Coaching Experience class includes live participation in three 90-minute webinars plus full participation in individual and group coaching.
- Review ICF's Core Competencies and Evaluation Overview
- Group and Team Coaching: Explore definitions and application. Discuss processes and technologies.
- Group Coaching Sessions 1 - 6 (90 minutes each) Plan on being the coach for one of the assigned group coaching classes. Outline the format of your group and how to use your technology. Anticipate 60 minutes outside of class for choosing a technology and planning for your group and 30 minutes coordinating with your trainer. Actively participate in the group coaching sessions.
- Individual Coaching: 1-5 as Coach, Being Coached, Observing (60 minutes each) Plan to interview three classmates as prospective coach and to be interviewed by three classmates. When coaches are assigned plan to schedule five sessions as coach and five sessions as client. Plan to observe five sessions via recording. Update your coach bio for submission to the coaches in the group and email to your trainer. Review the bios of the coaches in the group and submit a list of everyone in your order of preference for coaches you want to interview. Interview 3 classmates (as assigned) as prospective coaches for 15 minutes each. Be interviewed by three classmates as a prospective coach for 15 minutes each. Submit a list of the 3 classmates interviewed in your order of preference for a coach. When you receive your assigned client, contact your client and using your trainer’s calendar schedule five 60-minute coaching sessions with your client and your trainer. Plan on scheduling the same series of five sessions as a client. Plan on observing the same series of five sessions via recording. Participate fully as coach and client, observe with focus, and submit the evaluations.
- Coaching Debrief (90 minutes) Be prepared to share your learning from the coaching practicum and to ask questions.
- Review the ICF's Core Competencies.
- Differentiate between Group Coaching, Team Coaching, Facilitation, and Training.
- Plan for and coach a group session.
- Participate in group coaching and observe different formats.
- Experience using different technologies.
- Plan for and coach in keeping with the Code of Ethics and ICF's Core Competencies.
Designed to create a laser-focus on your demonstration of coaching competencies, the Mentor Coaching includes a 360 Assessment on the ICF's Core Competencies with a self-assessment plus evaluations from 3 to 6 clients. Plan also to submit recordings of 20 to 60 minutes of you coaching a client along with the client’s permission to share with ICF and your Mentor Coach. The 10 hours of Mentor Coaching includes:
- Three individual sessions totaling 3 hours.
- One following completion of the 360 assessment with yourself and 3 to 4 clients
- One or two following submitting a recording of you coaching a client for 20 to 60 minutes
- If your first session with a recording results in having recordings you can submit, the topic of the third session is open - it must focus on your coaching.
- Five 90-minute group sessions focused on discussing the coaching competencies and their application in your coaching work.
- Group 1: Introductions, Review the Group Coaching Format, Explore Ethics and Agreements in Coaching then Define Your Action Plan
- Group 2: Explore Co-Creating the Coaching Relationship then Define Your Action Plan
- Group 3: Explore Communication – Listening, Clear and Direct Language, and Powerful Questions then Define Your Action Plan
- Group 4: Explore Creating Awareness then Define Your Action Plan
- Group 5: Explore Challenges, Tools, and Techniques then Define Your Action Plan
- Earn 10 hours of mentor coaching for ICF's ACC, PCC, or MCC credential.
- Strengthen your ICF's Core Competencies
- Build confidence
- Deepen active listening, rephrasing, and reflecting
- Enhance clear, direct communication
- Polish powerful questioning
Welcome to the Center for Coaching Certification where you will experience our commitment to your success.
The ICF has approved these programs for 35 and 30 hours respectively totalling 65 hours of ACSTH coach training plus the 10 hours of Mentor Coaching. The Center for Coaching Certification is also accredited by IACET to offer 65 hours/6.5 CEUs (accepted by SHRM, HRCI, ATD, and more).
The full program fee $5,090.00 - when you register and pay in full the amount is just $4800. Payment options are available or apply for any one program separately: Certified Coach Specialist for $1,995.00, Coaching Experience class for $1,895.00, or Mentor Coach for $1,200.00 if you are a graduate of CCC. Registration includes all classes, group sessions, and coaching sessions required for each program, plus the free monthly Q&A call, access to each applicable Coach login page on this site with tools, session questionnaires, and more. All graduates are also provided with a dashboard from which you can give multiple assessments that you brand. Inclusion in the www.FindaCertifiedCoach.com database is optional.
Classes are recorded for the participants. Recordings are also used for periodic audits by accrediting organizations and occasionally for students in other classes when their recordings are defective. Registering for a class means agreeing to these uses of recordings.
Information from each form on this website is used by the Center for Coaching Certification to respond and follow-up. The information is maintained on our internal database. Trainers maintain student records during classes and after a class is over the Center for Coaching Certification maintains the records internally. Completing a form means agreeing to your information being held in our records.
Cancellation Policy: Apply Now In the event you must cancel participation, up to seven days prior to the start of the first program webinar you may request a refund of the amount less a twenty percent processing fee; six days or less prior to the start of the first program webinar you may request a refund of fifty percent of the registration. You may transfer your full registration to someone else up to three days prior to the start of the first webinar. Transferring to a different class before starting is based on space available.
Transfer Policy: If you attend part of the program with one class and part with another class, there will be an additional fee of $500.
Offering quality certification training programs and classes for Academic, Business, Career, Executive, Life, or Wellness Coaching certification is the priority at CCC. After reviewing your options for coach certification classes and this coaching program schedule, CCC invites you to enroll in Academic, Business, Career, Executive, Life, or Wellness Coach training today.