ACC Cohort Program Overview
Per the International Coaching Federation, ICF, becoming an ACC credentialed coach with involves the following:
- 60 hours of coach training
- 100 hours of coaching experience of which 450 or more hours must be paid
- 10 hours of Mentor Coaching
- Submitting one recorded coaching session that passes the ACC Assessor evaluation for competency
- Taking and passing the Coach Knowledge Assessment, CKA, exam
This program is designed to provide the required training and mentor coaching hours plus engage you in the learning opportunity that prepares you for the CKA exam and support you in evaluating your recording prior to submitting. Following are full overviews of each program.
Certified Professional Coach
This program is designed to develop the ICF's Core Competencies of a coach plus provide a model, coaching processes, and tools for you to start coaching. There are five live, interactive, online classes and a group session:
- About Coaching: What a Coach Is Not, What a Coach Is, How to Excel as a Coach with the ICF's Core Competencies
- Ethics: What the specifics of the Code of Ethics means for you, scenarios and what to do, and ethical accountability
- Understanding Your Client: A tool for recognizing how your client is thinking and interacting combined with tips to adjust
- Communication: Techniques for fully engaging through listening, clear, direct language, and asking powerful questions
- Focus and Motivation: Tools for recognizing language patterns and thought patterns to create a shift for a positive forward focus
- Group Session: Q&A, model and process overview, and explore resources
After each of the first five online classes, you will have an assignment to either research and reflect or to practice specific people and communication techniques, then write a two-page report. Expect to invest at least 90 minutes in each of your reports.
For the Coaching Practicum you will Coach, Be Coached, and Observe Coaching during each of the following: Introductory Coaching Session, Opening Coaching Session, Second, Third, Fourth, and Fifth Coaching Sessions. After the opening session you will have a homework assignment in preparation for your second coaching session - expect 3 hours to complete it.
Because the coaching practicum involves you being matched with classmates to coach, be coached, and observe coaching full participation in all times scheduled is required.
Case Study: Fill in a table outlining the coaching process from the initial conversation through challenges.
- Explain the parameters of coaching
- List the ICF's Core Competencies
- Discuss the Code of Ethics
- Identify and coach different personal styles
- Use listening, assertive communication, and questioning techniques
- Recognize and adjust to V-A-K styles, Meta Models, and Meta Programs
- Coach for proactive goal setting and action planning
One-on-One Coaching Session: Schedule your one-on-one coaching session individually to plan getting started with your coaching hours. To support you engaging coaching clients and completing the required coaching hours, we also provide information and resources on business and marketing plus offer a free Q&A call each month.
Certified Master Coach
Designed to expand your knowledge and application of the ICF's Core Competencies of a coach, prepare for the Coach Knowledge Assessment, and add tools and techniques for your coaching. There are six live, interactive online classes and a debrief class. Before each class you will write a one-page report responding to three questions.
- Group or Team Coaching: Explore considerations for coaching groups or teams and prepare for your group coaching
- Ethics and Agreements: Review the don'ts and the do's for competencies 1 and 2, then explore application
- Coaching Process: Discuss the don'ts and do's for the competencies 3 and 4, then expand with the how to tips for a coach
- People and Communication: Consider the don'ts and do's for competencies 5, 6, and 7, then confer on how to effectively use the techniques when coaching
- Creating Change with Confidence: Go through the don'ts and do's of competencies 8, 9, 10, and 11, then delve into application when coaching
- Time and Money: Review tools and basic concepts plus talk about coaching on sensitive topics with specific examples for time and money coaching
- Debrief: Chat about learning points and plan for your next steps as a coach
After each class you will write a one-page report responding to three questions.
For the Coaching Practicum you will interview and be interviewed for coaching, Coach, Be Coached, Observe Coaching for three individual sessions each, and Coach the group plus be in the coaching group for six group coaching sessions.
Final Report: Write a two-page report about your coaching with a client over viewing your approach, results, and what you learned.
One-on-One Coaching Session: Schedule your one-on-one coaching session individually to review your progress with your coaching experience and strategize your efforts.
- Differentiate between Group Coaching, Team Coaching, Facilitation, and Training.
- Plan for and coach a group session.
- Fully describe a coaching agreement and the Code of Ethics.
- Identify the do’s and the don’ts for meeting ethical guidelines and establishing the coaching agreement.
- Illustrate and describe coaching process.
- Recognize and apply the do’s and don’ts for establishing trust and coaching presence.
- Practice and demonstrate active listening, powerful questioning, and direct communication.
- Practice and demonstrate creating awareness, designing actions, planning and goal setting, and managing progress and accountability.
- Explore sensitive topics and demonstrate openness to discuss in coaching sessions.
- Identify areas for additional research to enhance coaching services.
- Plan for and coach in keeping with the Code of Ethics and ICF's Core Competencies.
Designed to create a laser-focus on your demonstration of coaching competencies, the Mentor Coaching includes a 360 Assessment on the ICF's Core Competencies with a self-assessment plus evaluations from 3 to 6 clients. Plan also to submit a recording of 20 to 60 minutes of you coaching a client along with the client’s permission to share with ICF and your Mentor Coach. The 10 hours of Mentor Coaching includes:
- Three individual sessions totaling 3 hours.
- One following completion of the 360 assessment with yourself and 3 to 4 clients
- One or two following submitting a recording of you coaching a client for 20 to 60 minutes
- The topic of the third session is open - it must focus on your coaching.
- Five 90-minute group sessions focused on discussing the coaching competencies and their application in your coaching work.
- Group 1: Introductions, Review the Group Coaching Format, Explore Ethics and Agreements in Coaching then Define Your Action Plan
- Group 2: Explore Co-Creating the Coaching Relationship then Define Your Action Plan
- Group 3: Explore Communication – Listening, Clear and Direct Language, and Powerful Questions then Define Your Action Plan
- Group 4: Explore Creating Awareness then Define Your Action Plan
- Group 5: Explore Challenges, Tools, and Techniques then Define Your Action Plan
- Earn 10 hours of mentor coaching for ICF's ACC, PCC, or MCC credential.
- Strengthen your ICF's Core Competencies
- Build confidence
- Deepen active listening, rephrasing, and reflecting
- Enhance clear, direct communication
- Polish powerful questioning
Welcome to the Center for Coaching Certification where you will experience our commitment to your success.
The ICF has approved these programs for 30 and 35 hours respectively of ACSTH training plus 10 hours of Mentor Coaching. The Center for Coaching Certification is also accredited by IACET to offer 65 hours / 6.5 CEUs (accepted by SHRM, HRCI, ATD, and more), plus CCC is accredited by AICI and PMI to offer 30 hours/3 CEUs for the CPC segment and by PMI for 35 hours/3.5 CEUs for the CMC segment.
The full program fee $4,80.00. This includes all classes, group sessions, and coaching sessions required for each certification, plus the free monthly Q&A call, access to each applicable Coach login page on this site with tools, session questionnaires, and more. All graduates are also provided with a dashboard from which you can give multiple assessments that you brand. Inclusion in the www.FindaCertifiedCoach.com database is optional.
Classes are recorded for the participants. Recordings are also used for periodic audits by accrediting organizations and occasionally for students in other classes when their recordings are defective. Registering for a class means agreeing to these uses of recordings.
Information from each form on this website is used by the Center for Coaching Certification to respond and follow-up. The information is maintained on our internal database. Trainers maintain student records during classes and after a class is over the Center for Coaching Certification maintains the records internally. Completing a form means agreeing to your information being held in our records.
Cancellation Policy: Apply Now In the event you must cancel participation, up to seven days prior to the start of the first program webinar you may request a refund of the amount less a twenty percent processing fee; six days or less prior to the start of the first program webinar you may request a refund of fifty percent of the registration. You may transfer your full registration to someone else up to three days prior to the start of the first webinar. Transferring to a different class before starting is based on space available.
Transfer Policy: If you attend part of the program with one class and part with another class, there will be an additional fee of $500.
Offering quality certification training programs and classes for Academic, Business, Career, Executive, Life, or Wellness Coaching certification is the priority at CCC. After reviewing your options for coach certification classes and this coaching program schedule, CCC invites you to enroll in Coach training today.